Remember this post on attorney scams? The company from which it purportedly originated was stated to be
G and T trading Company Limited, Tokyo Kotsu Kaikan Bldg. 7F. 2-10-1 Yurakucho Chiyoda-ku Tokyo 100-0006 JAPAN
We now have first-hand evidence that this company does not exist at that location.
Brian Johnson, who works in Tokyo for a patent law firm, graciously sauntered over to that address, located near the Yurakucho Station (????). He reports:
Here’s what I found:
There are five businesses on the 7th floor. They are
1. Mitsubishi Shuji Logistics — Known in English as Mitsubishi Corporation LT, Inc
Transport Equipment, warehousing & transport
2. Kyocera Contax Salon — a photo gallery for Kyocera/Contax
3. Kabushi Kaisha Hitachi Hoken Service — Seems to be some kind of insurance company related to Hitachi
4. Kaigisu Musubikai — can’t find out anything about these guys but no G or T or trading in their name.
5. K.K. Gakujo — an employment agency
…it appears that there is no company called G and T Trading on that floor.
Heartfelt thanks to Brian Johnson for his willingness to take time out of his day for Asiabizblog readers!
The Tokyo Gumshoe — That Company Simply Doesn’t Exist! by AsiaBizBlog, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.