In the last month, brands have been using digital platforms to promote meetings and keep in touch with customers and their followers. Yes, we are facing uncertainty due to the expansion of Covid-19. However, many businesses have chosen to explore opportunities and try out solutions. Instead of cancelling their events or putting off their schedules, they decided to change the format and host events online.
The key to the new landscape is to rethink how we interact with our colleagues, clients, and/or students. Below are 8 key points that will inspire and support you when organizing online events.
1. Describe the event’s type: You need to know what types of events you can host in order to choose the one that will help you achieve your goals (educate, present a product, grow your database, etc.). The following are some of the most popular in Digital Marketing:
Webinar: An online seminar that provides information about a topic and allows viewers to participate in a question-and-answer session at the end.
Workshop is a workshop where a specific skill or topic is developed or worked on. It is more fluid to exchange ideas with assistants, so it is recommended that participants be less. This will allow for greater participation.
Masterclass: This is a master class that is presented by an expert in a particular subject.
Questions and Answers Session is another common format, especially for transmissions made specifically on social media networks. This session involves a moderator, interviewer, or specialist, who participates and receives very specific consultations.
Online Congress: This type of event focuses on a broad topic and includes many conferences on specific topics. The sessions are usually held over several days with the help of moderators and specialists who facilitate them.
These are only a few examples of events you could host. To get some ideas about how to structure your program, it is important to study each format in detail.
2- Decide the event’s theme: If the topic can be linked to the goal, choosing the right topic is crucial. You must also consider the potential impact on your clients and your followers. You can use tools like Google Trends to identify and create a list. TopicFlower allows you to deepen your analysis of the interactions your followers have with your content using apps like TopicFlower.
After this is done, you can start designing:
A plan of action. What activities will you develop? Don’t forget to make sure there is a place for everyone to participate and to publicize your contact information.
Who will be the workshop’s facilitators? Which roles will they play throughout the event? This should be clearly defined and communicated to all participants.
3. Determine the time and schedule for the event: It is important to consider the following factors when choosing a date and time for your event:
This date is not compatible with any other major events.
Before choosing a time, you should consider the time zone in which your followers live.
Set a reasonable time limit. To avoid the event becoming too long, plan how long each item will take.
4. Price of the event: Is it paid or free? To avoid any misunderstandings, it is essential that you are transparent with your community about the access to the event. Do you plan to offer any benefits to attendees? For example, you could offer exclusive material or discounts on services or products.
5 ways to organize an event: The platform where the event will be held is a key element of organizing it. You need to choose a medium that meets your needs. You can read and answer questions on Facebook Lives, but not share your screen.
6- Register for the event: After you have decided what you want to discuss, and when, you can create a registration form to allow you to sell tickets, or grant passes to attendees. In return, you can also obtain their information and conduct a check on the event. This form must include all information about the event from the organizer to the speakers and the program.
7. Promotion via Social Networks: Once you have the registration link and the form, you can promote it on your website, and on your social media networks.
To promote the conversation online, create a hashtag for the event.
Create the event’s creatives and include the most important information: Date, theme, time and how to participate. You can include the rest of the information in the copy of your post, next to the hashtag or the registration link.
Add the link to purchase tickets to your event on Facebook.
Tell us your stories and don’t forget to mention the speakers!
8. Evaluate and Measure: Online events allow you to measure the effectiveness of your efforts and plan for next year’s event. You can track the interaction and clicks made to your event’s hashtag or posts, as well as annotate and check how many attendees were present. You can also create surveys to gauge attendee satisfaction, and send them via email.